Biracial hair: AA and CA

My nine month old is getting curly hair but we are noticing that it gets really frizzy and doesn't look as cute as it does when he first gets out of the bath. Are there safe products to use on a baby and what would work well for African American/Caucasian hair? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im not sure for a baby, but i use nexxus humectress conditioner, this thing does wonders for my mixed hair.
    Anonymous

• Try Carol's Daughters natural products for hair. I use the black vanilla leave in conditioner on hair but there are so many more products you could use especially for frizz. But also know that your baby's hair is going to change and may just be more frizzy.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• Do not overwash. Wetting is okay, but too much shampoo is very bad especially for curly hair as it strips all the natural oils away. Natural oils tame frizz.

For conditioning...olive or coconut oil are far better than anything you can ever buy in a pretty bottle.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• pink oil lotion experiment on how much to use
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 11:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• there's a natural hair lotion that my husband bought from Newyork and i'm not sure if it's sold everywhere else called "nature's own" and it is the best for my daughter's hair. she has really bad frizz sometimes too lol.
    Anonymous

• just a touch of coconut oil works great.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jan. 17, 2010