Who are you going to let in the delivery room with you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My husband was there and I'd asked my Mom, but she got there too late. I've asked my daughter to please allow me to be with her during her FUTURE deliveries, years down the road I hope and pray.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 11:58 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• i had my SO and mom, next time i won't have my mom during the push part because i pooped

my hospital only allowed the father and one relative in the room and no children under 12 due to swine flu
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:13 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• With my first my hubby and mother with my second the hubby, my mom and my little sister who is 17 who is a cna and wants to move up and I thaught it would be a good experience and let her see what she will be around...
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 12:13 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• only husband.

and the dr, nurse and whichever medical people needed to be there.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:32 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Oh goodness, I had parties all three times lol.

Baby #1 my husband, mom, FIL, labor coach and best friend
    Baby #2 my husband, mom, FIL, our son (2 1/2 at the time), labor coach, 2 friends and my hubby's best friend
    Baby #3 my labor coach, mom (she had to go home to get my kids ready for school after being there for 12 hours and I had him while she was gone) my cousin, 2 friends and the adoptive parents. We also had 2 extra nurses because the 2 from the shift that ended 1/2 hour before he was born decided to stay to see him be born since it was such an emotional experience becuase of the adoption
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:15 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My delivery room is my house. I am having a homebirth. My husband, my two daughters and my wonderful Midwife.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 4:38 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Well, it WAS going to be just me, DH, and the midwife... But I ended up being transferred to a hospital. So it ended up being me, DH, my midwife, my mom, my dad, a doctor that I had known for all of 8 hours, a nurse that I met when I started pushing 2 hours prior, a tech, and a NICU nurse.
    Uh, yea... SO not what I expected!! LOL But it wasn't bad at all. I didn't feel terribly self-conscious like I thought I would :)
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 5:58 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• DS1 - my now exH, my then best friend and whatever dr/nurses
    DS2 - DF, his mom, my friend, dr and nurses
    DS3 - DF, Dr/nurses and a sh*tload of med students (teaching hospital). They asked nicely, it was even one girl's "first birth"... which I didnt mind at the time (since I had my epi and felt nothing, figured it would be a breeze like the last 2... NO!!) the epi wore off right at 9cm, and this was my first time feeling EVERYTHING. I feel bad for the med students... :)
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 17, 2010