What do you think about people who abuse the system?

Please help. I know some people that are really abusing the system. There are 4 adults in the house and several kids. The mom gets section 8, food stamps WIC , medicaid and money for her and the kids. She will only work part time if at all. She has 3 more healthy adults(2 males and 1 female living there with them and neither one of them work. I have been thinking about reporting them, but my dh tells me to mind my business. It is really getting on my nerves because I work everyday and feel they are living off of me. (all tax payers for that matter) To make matters worst they try to get all they can from everyone else. I know times are hard and people need a place to stay, but these people are not even trying.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I would probably report them. They are OBVIOUSLY abusing the system while there are people who are out there who actually NEED the help and can't get it. I encourage you to report them.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:25 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I was in a similar situation once but there were children involved. It is very frustrating to see this going on and you wonder how people can do this. Unfortunately it seems that lots of people feel they are entitled to whatever they can get for free. Somewhere along the way people forgot about values and honesty and worst of all, believing in God. In this world we are in today, the sad fact is that right is wrong and wrong is right...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:12 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Send them to Haiti.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I think you should report them. They are committing a crime, which is punishable by jail time. Fraud is a federal offense! When people tell you to "mind your own business" ask them if they saw someone stealing their neighbors TV if they would mind their own business?! Seriously, times are tough on everyone and if they legitimately needs help then so be it, but them abusing the system is taking assistance away from the people who really need it.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 12:41 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• it said to use these info numbers to report

http://www.fns.usda.gov/FSP/contact_info/hotlines.htm

southerncharm86

Answer by southerncharm86 at 1:02 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I think your DH is right. If those government assistance systems can't figure it out or keep track of who gets what, then who cares. She'll just find another way to scam. Don't let what other people do bother you. Do you have any idea HOW MANY people abuse the system? Live your own life and don't worry about how anyone else lives there's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• How do u know what this lady gets. Will u let her no that u turned her in since u are so worried about it. If u no that much about her then u should have no problem explaining that u work hard, and u are tired of her abusing the systems
    If u can't do that then mind your own business.
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 5:42 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• If those government assistance systems can't figure it out or keep track of who gets what, then who cares. She'll just find another way to scam. Do you have any idea HOW MANY people abuse the system? Live your own life and don't worry about how anyone else lives there's.

This is exactly why there are so many people abusing the system. There is little chance of getting caught. They would need to take far less of your paycheck if there were some sort of controls on PA, making sure the needy really get the help they need and the freeloaders and moochers don't get it. Do the math yourselves. EXAMPLE: You need a thousand people to pitch in $10 each so that 100 people can get $100 a month, but if they only give 50 people $100 the amount the paying people each have to pitch in decreases. That is why taxes would go down if PA fraud were actively reported and punished. Also, if fraud were stopped the truly needy might get more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Sadly this happens more oftern then you think. I know of one woman who has been on the system for years. She has section 8 housing, food stamps, medical assistance. She tells me personally it is not worth it to to work because then they will cut you out of the help. So she continues not to work. As I am working everyday trying to make ends meet eating my spaghetti dinner she is home eating crab cakes. My sister's husband who has worked all his life now is not working due to no work. He goes to get his medicine which is now not covered but he has to pay out of pocket. He has never been on assistance, and my sister makes too much money for them to apply. Yet this woman has it made all her life not having to worry about housing, food, or medical because we all pay for it. I say this system is more then unfair!
    Anonymous

• Report them. I reported my brothers ex wife a few years back. She was working under the table cleaning houses she had high end customers and made 5k a month after expenses. She bragged about it all the time. She was getting 1800 a month in child support from her 4 kids fathers. She also got food stamps, section 8 housing (rent was only 120 a month) and other assistance. Her boyfriend lived with her he owned his own business too and probably made at least 6k a month so they did not need help. I reported he was living with her and gave them a list of some of her clients she was cleaning for they confirmed she cleaned for them and how much they paid and she was booted off all assistance actually banned for many years. It is amazing she was able to buy her own house and lives just fine actually better. She now pays taxes and contributes instead of only taking. She isn't the only one that does this many do.
    Anonymous