If you DO wish to help Haiti - Would you please donate to the Red Cross?

For those who DO wish to help Haiti

If you want to help Haiti, text "HAITI" to 90999 to donate $10 to RedCross relief efforts in Haiti!

They NEED donations in the form of cash - They currently can't get any more supplies in becasue they can't distribute what they have. The roads are closed, the air port is closed, the Dominican Republic is over-loaded... They can't get more 'man power' in - They need to have donations - so they can use it to help re-build the country as well as provide basic needs for people NOW. There are still people missing - and more than 50,000 found dead so far. Please help if you can!

RutterMama

Asked by RutterMama at 12:38 AM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I donated yesterday. Wish I could give more. I pray that they get everything they need. God Bless them and to those who donated.
    TRUNINA

Answer by TRUNINA at 12:45 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I already donated $30.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Thank you thank you for all who are willing and able to help! If you can't help monetarily because of your own financial distress - please pray for them! That is NOT less of a gift for them!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:06 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I did $10 yesterday. If they're still doing it on our next payday, I'll do it again. I agree, going through Red Cross is the best way to know that your money really is going to supplies for the people, not to the government.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:18 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I sent a donation yesterday.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:54 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I only ever give to the American Red Cross for disaster relief. It's the only one I can wholeheartedly trust will reach the intended recipients. My husband and I donated a few days ago. I won't say how much, as I don't want to be accused of "bragging!"
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:16 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Thank you ladies! They truly need our support.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:56 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I sent a donation a few days ago. I'm going to go over my finances this week to see if I can send a little bit more.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 1:03 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

Give me a break. You're trying to brag by saying that.
    Anonymous