what am i having?

any ways to find out what i'm having before i can go to the doc? i've done the ring on a string thing... decided against pissing in drain-o, but i'm wondering what other things there are. i know that none of them are accurate until i go to the doctor. so any suggestions? i'm open to any and all safe ideas.

victoriaherring

Asked by victoriaherring at 12:55 AM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• nothing was right for mine. all those fun little tests told me BOY for all three pregnancies. and I had 3 girls.

I can only remember the ring on string.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:58 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I'm a BIG believer in the carring boys high and girls low.. I looked like I was carring my son in my rib cage where as two of my friends who were having girls were both WAY lower then I was all of our ultrasounds were correct in the gender so I would go with that one but like you said you can't know till you go to the doctor and heck sometimes they arent even right
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 1:00 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• yeah.. i know they can be wrong.. haha. my husband was supposed to be a girl.. poor guy got to come home to a pink room.. i'm still open to more suggestions though. i won't find out from the doctor for at least another month. i'm just bored and curious. my husband is deployed so i'm trying to find ways to entertain myself.
    victoriaherring

Answer by victoriaherring at 1:04 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• for me....carrying high is a girl...low its a boy...if the babys heartbeat is high, its a girl...if its low its a boy
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:04 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Nothing worked for me... Everything kept telling me boy... Even the symptoms. I even tried the chinese chart thing which people swear by. All said boy... Well, Im having a girl.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 1:07 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• yeah I was a nurse at a hospital and say a few boys have to go home in pink onsies lol thats why until my son was out I never said what he was lol I didnt believe it till I saw it
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 1:08 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I'm with Alexis. I had three boys and carried low for all and all had a low heartbeat. My friend who was pregnant with me was high and had a more "oval" shaped belly and was having a girl. They have little tests at walgreens if it's worth the money to you, they're by the preg. tests. If you do that, let us know how it worked, I'm kinda curious. There really is no way to know in my mind though. The test has a 50/50 chance of being right and I'm not sure how it works.
    TruckersWife426

Answer by TruckersWife426 at 1:26 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• nothing is 100% accurate. not even u/s.
    i did all the tests, some said boy, some said girl. i had a boy
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 1:42 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Only way I knew I was having a boy was my own intuition and the ultrasound.. there was no mistaking that big round thing between his legs lol. With this pregnancy I feel like I'm going to have a boy but we shall see when it's born.. I've decided not to find out the sex :)

Honestly there is no way of telling what you're having unless it's ultrasound and even then it can be wrong.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:50 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• ive also heard that when youre pregnant, if you have a dream and can see whether your child is a boy or girl then that is what your having.......i never remember my dreams, but i remember one night i clearly saw my daughter and she was wearing a purple sweatsuit in my dream...and yaa, i had a girl
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:32 AM on Jan. 17, 2010