would this be so horrible??

If I set up the playpen in the living room and put Elmo on for my very awake 10 month old so I could lay down on the couch and catch a little bit of sleep.

Hes been teething and not able to sleep for weeks now which means I dont sleep either. Its 130 and Ive gotten 2 hours so far tonight.

That wouldnt be too bad would it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as he doesn't know how to climb out, which at that age, I doubt it, I don't see anything wrong with it. You need your sleep, so get some!!! As long as he is in a safe place and happy, go for it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I would so do that.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 1:42 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• you should try a lullaby dvd first and see if he falls asleep. if that doesnt work than deff. put the elmo dvd and catch your catnap.
    good luck to you and i hope he ends up falling asleep. =)
    starryey3s

Answer by starryey3s at 1:49 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• No problem at all, I try to nap with my toddler running around and she puts stuff in my mouth and beats me with books so it is nice when they can't injure you or themselves.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 1:53 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• normally i am very anti TV for young children (2 and younger). But i do understand situations like this and i know i would probably do it. You have to have sleep, after all.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:54 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Been there done that!! It all worked out fine... sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do!!! LOL As long as your child is safe a little TV so mommy can sleep time is not going to hurt. ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 2:02 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• well i do realize we all need our sleep but if i were you i would feel bad and wouldnt do it... i would feel like a bad mom trust me i know how you feel .....i have 2 lil ones and when its not one of them keeping me up all night its the other! lol but what i try to do is as soon as they take a nap i lay down right away and try to catch some sleep.... good luck .... and i do hope you catch up on some sleep..
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 2:05 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• When you re tired, you can get cranky and testy which means that you are more likely to abuse a child. I would recommend you calling a family member or a freind to see if they could come and sit for you for a couple of hours. If there is no one, and this does not become a habit - I would definately take a nap. Putting your child in a safe environment is a smart idea.
    sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 3:03 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I am also very anti-tv for kids, especially those under 3... But honestly, I don't think it will hurt him to watch a couple videos while you sleep. The problem is when it becomes a regular routine, like an electronic babysitter. Occasionally won't hurt him. Getting your sleep is a very important part of being a mom. It's going to make you more tolerant, more patient, and more capable of dealing with his fussiness.
    Good luck. I hope it works for you :)
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 5:55 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• that is fine! if your baby is safe, and lets you sleep, that is fine. good luck to you! lack of sleep is tough!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:03 AM on Jan. 17, 2010