Can I?

Dye my hair while breast feeding? Question just popped into my mind so if anyone knows the answer feel free to lend it to me :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It depends on the type of dye you use, if it is a dark color usually no, but light colors and bleach don't get into breastmilk.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 1:51 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• yea i think you can. as longs as you dont feel nauseous or sick after dying your hair.

if you do feel weird about it and want to ease your mind, maybe you can pump your milk out for a whole day.
    and resume the breastfeeding the next day. of course this would only work if you bottle feed and breast feed.
    starryey3s

Answer by starryey3s at 1:56 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• yes of course you can. it is perfectly safe, regardless of the color you choose! you have to have massive amounts of the chemicals for it to affect your breastmilk.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:04 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• think about it- have you ever been asked while getting your hair done if you were breastfeeding before they'd dye your hair?? Not likely! It's safer to dye hair when breastfeeding than while pregnant.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:06 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Information about hair treatments while breastfeeding is limited. However, it’s very unlikely that a significant amount of the chemicals used in hair dyes will be passed on through your breast milk. This is because very little enters your bloodstream. In the past, many women have used hair treatments while breastfeeding, with no known negative results.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• lmao mnt... I dont go to salon's to do my hair I do everything myself. I know A LOT of things are off limits when bf which is why I asked about this... My roots look horrible after 9 months!!!
    Thanks for the info guys`
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Jan. 17, 2010