Has anyone had to deal with Internet Security 2010?

Evidently it is a rogue virus. It is on the desktop computer and it is really ticking me off!!! Does anyone have any tips or advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• This is a parasite that will drive you absolutely crazy! It presents like an anti-virus scan, telling you that you have dozens of trojans and infected files. It wants you to buy their anti-virus software to get rid of the infections, but the whole thing is a scam. I googled and found a lot of articles about it. The best one, in my opinion, is this one -- http://www.softsailor.com/news/15850-internet-security-2010-virus-removal-seeked-by-tens-of-thousands.html It took me about 13 hrs, but after following the steps in this article, I think it is gone (knock on wood...). Hopefully, if it hits you, you won't have to go through all that I did. Just know that anti-virus will NOT get rid of it. You have to use an anti-malware. Good luck!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:33 AM on Jan. 17, 2010