Jelly Belly :)

I had my son three years ago and carried the 50lbs I put on while I was pregnant for awhile. For about 6 months, I've been eating super healthy- for example; I avoid sweets, eat veggies and fruit snacks in between meals- and eat main meals that are healthy and low on calories. I've also been exercising every day. I am half way to my goal, but I've noticed that my belly still kinda looks a bit like jelly (No, I wasn't trying to rhyme, it just makes total sense, lol) and I would like to get any advice on what I can do to help it out. I know I'm never going to have that super flat stomach I had pre-baby, but I also don't want to hide my belly forever.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I've had 5 babies, 3 of them close to or over 10 lbs. I'm only 5'4" and have a small-medium frame. My stomach muscles separated and I lost feeling below my navel during the last pregnancy almost 10 years ago. I'm also in my mid 40's. I now have strong, hard ab muscles, it's the fat around my middle that was causing problems for me. What I did was go low carb for 4 weeks and I lost 5 inches from my waist. That was last year and I've gained nothing back.

I agree with the cardio and core building exercises. If you can, try cutting back on your intake of carbs. Cut bread, mashed potatoes, rice and pasta and increase fiber intake by eating more fresh veggies, cooked dry beans and lentils, and high fiber cereal (over 10 g fiber per serving).
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I recently found out that my belly won't go back the way I think it should be because after the babies and weight gain it ruined the stomach muscles. So I have to have a tummy tuck if I want to fix that jelly belly. I was under the impression that I could eat right and exercise to get it back in shape and the doctor said "sorry but no". Talk with your doctor to see if it's the same thing with you.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:23 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Core buiding exercises can help tone your ab muscles.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 6:18 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My doctor also said that it was just skin and would never look the way it did. With diet and lots of exercise however, I did get it looking much better. (on the up side) :) It just took some time.
    CoCoMom89

Answer by CoCoMom89 at 8:01 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

========================
    I agree. Also try stepping up your cardio a bit if you're wanting to get rid of belly fat. If that doesn't work, you'll need that tummy tuck. :)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:06 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• http://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/belly-off-club-workout
    Try this workout.
    Kristin801

Answer by Kristin801 at 9:50 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I agree with lexylex
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:08 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I would talk to the local trainer and ask about what you can do. With my first once I lost all the weight I lost most of the bump, but it never was even close to pre-pregnancy. Those muscle were ruined beyond repair. So I am hoping after this second I will have at least the same results although it is taking a lot more work this time. I blame it on being over 30 now.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:56 AM on Jan. 17, 2010