How many women on here are really tired of talking about Haiti and watching it on the news?

I keep hearing that people don't want to talk about it.
I can't help it, I can't think of anything else. My mind and heart are consumed by it.
I am just curious as to your thoughts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• considering my dh hasn't been home for two weeks, and the only person i've had around to talk to is my 4 1/2yo, i haven't talked about it or watched it on tv (maybe three minutes tonight). dh is home now, until monday morn...so i'm sure i'll see/hear more.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 2:47 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I'm not tired of hearing about it. I like keeping up with current events, and this is a pretty big one. Plus the fact that DH is military and some of our friends are probably heading over there...yeah I'll probably be hearing about it for a while.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:54 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• It is draining to have it front and center for so long, but that doesn't mean I don't want to hear about it. Let's just say I'd sure like to hear some good news. It is our responsibility to be aware and stay updated.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 3:19 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• CafeMom is really the only place I have heard or seen much about it. (I don't watch the news)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• nope, watching cnn right now!! this is actually the first night ive really tuned into the news to see what was really going on there!!! so heartbreaking!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:30 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I agree that we should tune in, but I also agree that we shouldn't let it consume us. We must live on and never be consumed with that which is out of our hands. If you donate by text you have made an awesome effort to reach out. Good vibes and prayers are the best many can offer and thats helped by tuning in from time to time, letting it be a part of your consciousness.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:37 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• If we grow tired of hearing it or seeing all we have to remember is to be thankful we do not have to live with it. the truth is the only thing i grow tired of is people saying we are not donating enough.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:11 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I am not tired of hearing about it. Unfortunately if we don't stay up to date a lot of people will just move on and not make donations. If someone doesn't want to watch then they can just turn off the news channel. It is a great reminder to be thankful for what you do have. Also natural disasters can happen anywhere and you don't ever know when. It is a reminder to me to enjoy every second I have with my daughter and the people I love.
    gracesmom09

Answer by gracesmom09 at 9:18 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I am not tired of hearing about it, I pretty much feel the same as you do. I keep thinking what if it was us?

Answer by older at 9:30 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I think some people are into suffering by proxy. They devour every detail so they can regurgitate it later to others, as if the sympathy people direct towards the story they tell is actually being directed at them. They thrive on the misery of others and being the first one to share a new gruesome detail. And then anyone who disagrees with them in their misery, that dares to suggest it's not the absolute biggest and most important tragedy in the history of the world, gets to be the target of all their insecurities when they start yelling about how cold and heartless they are. These same people really need to turn off CNN and the computer and visit a doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jan. 17, 2010