What do i do if my husband wants to wait until I have our baby to know the sex and I want to know as soon as possible

WendiWatson

Asked by WendiWatson at 3:02 AM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Is this your first baby? If it is and you are anything like me, you wont be able to keep it a secret so either you go with him and not find out or you roshambo to see who wins!!! It is pretty much the only fair way to do it lol. If you have already had a baby and found out the gender, then I would go his way this time and allow it to be a surprise
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:04 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• If you want to know then find out and try and keep it a secret from you husband, when you buy something hide it from him. Buy anything he will see unisex, like crib set. It will be hard to not have him know but it would be hard to not know the sex for you.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 3:06 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Ditto on Dilsmommy idea! alsoJust a thought for your husband but it is nice to know the sex before hand as you can buy the right gender of clothing . lets face it with a girl we all want the cute little dresses and outfits.I hope you get to find out before it comes , it would drive me nuts no to know.congrats!
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 3:19 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• You find out and don't tell him :-)
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 3:33 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Trade husbands, lol! I want it to be a surprise this time, and hubby has to know!
    AddyLeigh

Answer by AddyLeigh at 12:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Don't tell him...

Answer by rkoloms at 3:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• i was in the same situation. everyone kept telling me dont worry once the doctor asks if he he wants to know he will want to know! and he was dying to know as much as i was once we were able to find out that day. : ) he was really stubborn too. afterwards he didnt regret knowing. : ) we were so excited we were having a girl. I just cried. i knew she was going to be the most girliest girl in the world. : )
    WendiWatson

Comment by WendiWatson (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I would ask the sonographer/ultrasound tech to write it down and put it in an envelope. Leave him the dark and hide all the pink or blue things that you buy somewhere he won't find them. It would be cute to have an IT'S A SURPRISE baby shower
    iwantwins

Answer by iwantwins at 2:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2010