Going back to school at the age of 38..Good or Bad???????????

trishbattle

Asked by trishbattle at 6:08 AM on Jan. 17, 2010 in

• Always good to continue an education! GO for it!
    southerncharm86

Answer by southerncharm86 at 6:11 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• If that is what you want and need it is great, there are a lot of people that are that age or older in college. I say go for it.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:11 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I think its good 'cause even if you don't use your degree at least you can say you are a more well rounded person b/c you actually have one. I have a Bachelor's degree in Public Relations. Still haven't used it, but am just glad to say I worked hard to actually get one. In fact when I was in school, there were a lot of older people in some of my classes, even a lot older than 38.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 6:16 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Go for it!!
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 6:25 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I went to college at 18 and graduated. I went to college again at 28 and graduated. Most recently - I went back and graduated at 49. The more skills you have the better off you are.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 6:26 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Good!!! Why would anyone think it's bad?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:36 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Go for it! :)

Answer by Bmat at 6:41 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My mother left school at 15 and had had it drummed into her that she was 'too stupid' to understand anything. At 45 she returned to school and aced her High School final year as an adult. She was accepted into an Education degree, which she also aced. As there were few jobs in her area for teachers, she later went on to complete her Nursing degree as well. She worked as a nurse until she passed away at age 59, at which time she was considering an advanced nursing degree. You're never too old to consider further study!
    Manth

Answer by Manth at 7:21 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Good. DEFINITELY GOOD!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 7:38 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I sort of went back to school at age 37...to get my teaching certificate! I had already earned my Bachelor's at age 21, and a Master's degree at age 25, but I had given up my career for 8 years to be a SAHM.

While I was home with my children I started to think about what I would do career wise when my younger son started full-day Kindergarten, as I still wanted/needed to be home for them after school, and be able to attend school functions, after school activities, etc., since my husband works longer hours and we need his salary! That's when I realized that a teaching job would be perfect for me, and I went back to school to complete the courses I needed to become a teacher. I'm now working as a Special Education teacher in a neighboring school district less than 4 miles from my home! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:49 AM on Jan. 17, 2010