drool? is this normal?

how much do babies drool? he drools a lot! during tummy time there is a wet puddle when i pick him up, when i hold him over me it runs down all stringy all over my chest, the front of his clothes get so moist and the collar of them is usually soaked! when he sleeps he drools too and now he has a rash on the back of his head from always being so wet! why is he drooling so much, is this normal? he is 14 weeks old now it has been like this for a week or so!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some drool more than others, he is most likely getting ready to get some teeth. Good luck and buy yourself an apron and gloves LOL.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:27 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My 8-week old baby is a total drool monster.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 7:33 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Oh it gets way worse sweetie but it's totally normal!
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 8:05 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• LOL yup he's cutting some teeth! Try using a bib to soak up the drool.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:59 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My son drooled a lot too. I wouldn't worry about it, but he has some speech problems and my friend who is a speech therapist asked me when she was evaluating him if he was a really drooly baby. She said it's too late now, but she would have recommended me getting a vibrating toothbrush for him to chew on as a baby, 14 weeks is really young for that, but maybe try it when your baby is a little older in case it makes a difference. I'll get one if I have another really drooly baby.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:40 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I just realized you said he's been like that for a week, that's not very long so it probably is just teeth. My son was like that for at least a year, I have otherwise cute pictures that are just ruined because the entire front of his shirt is soaked so he just looks silly. He really drooled A LOT.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• yeah my son is just about 4 months now and drools on everything it drips on the floor all over his clothes his hands are so gross im pretty sure hs is teething he has really fussy days he even chokes on it i hate it but it's normal it'll stop eventually when he gets teeth to catch it
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 3:18 PM on Jan. 17, 2010