What foods are best??

What foods are best for weight loss?? I need to lose weight and need to know what to get at the store!!

newmom28

Asked by newmom28 at 9:19 AM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• fresh fruits and veggies
    whole wheat breads & pastas
    lean meats such as chicken breast
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Veggies, fruits, whole grain cereals, pastas and breads, brown rice, lean protein like chicken breasts, tuna, eggs, beans. Just try to cut way down on the sugar and stay away from things like white bread.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 9:23 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• fresh fruit and vegetables. No processed food. They have to much sugar and salt. You can live on fruits and veggies with never having a bowl of cereal or a sandwich or that cookie but your body will not get nutrients it needs without fruits and veggies. IF you want meat, get fish and chicken. With fruits and veggies you can snack all day and still lose weight because of their bulk and few calories.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:25 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• well besides friut and veggies. you should also be looking for low carbs and no more then 5 calories. And water lots of water, And walk ,walk everyday , the rapid walk though ,( not the easy pace), for abot only 20 minutes. and you'll see yourself loosing weight you can loose 2-3 pounds a week.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:01 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• but when you go to weigh yourself to see how much you loose only weigh yourself once a week not everyday. thats the riight way to do it.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:03 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• in addition to the advice above about weighing yourself 1 day a week, I read something interesting in the Weight Watchers Mag. Find your tightest pair of pants, try them on once a month or every 2 weeks. It's a better judge of how well you're doing. Screw the scale! :D I just go buy clothing size for how I'm doing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Whole grains
    vegetables
    legumes
    fruits

Answer by rkoloms at 3:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• broccoli-the miracle food
    raw almond and walnuts
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• i think eat more veggies than anything (weight watchers calls them free foods!) eat beans, fruits, protein, nuts...cut processed foods, or at least cut them back. i eat salads made with swiss chard, kale, and spinach...if i eat 5 a week, i ma doing great! it takes forever to chew those dark leafy greens, but they are very good for you! i find weighing myself actually helps me more than 1 x a week, but that is just me. it is a great idea to take measurements of your body, i measure the breast, chest, waist, hips, upper thigh, lower thigh, calf, ankle, bicep, and forearm. sometimes you may lose several inches and only one lb, so this can help prevent disappointments!
    Good Luck to you and your goals!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I have always heard to shop on the parameter of the grocery store b/c that is where the fresh, unprocessed food is.
    stacyfru

Answer by stacyfru at 7:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2010