Ulcer maybe? TMI

I'm thinking I might have an ulcer and I"m trying to decide if I need to visit my doctor tomorrow. I thought I might be having a stomach bug but now three days later I'm unsure. I have had some symptoms recently like waking up with extreme heartburn that sort of thing but now I have really dark stool and diareha (misspelt I know). I just wonder if I need to visit the doc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Health

• it wouldn't hurt to see your doctor. I have severe digestive problems. Talking to your doctor might help you get to the bottom of it. If you get the heartburn and drink some milk, most people with ulcers say that it helps. You might have IBS which could be the reason for the dark stool and diarrhea.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:29 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• sounds like gastritis.an ulcer has pain that will knock you on your butt,do you have that?If you do have an ulcer,its probably in the duodenum(small intestine) and causing some bleeding.Docs will usually just have you take high dose antacids for awhile to see if you improve.Otherwise you need an upper gi to rule other stuff out.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I have a stomach ulcer. The heartburn thing sounds right for that but not the poop issues (at least in my experience). Do things like milk and bread calm your stomach down? Do you have constant pain?
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:36 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I was just reading about ulcers and how to treat them. Dairy products with acidophilus were suggested as was Vit B complex.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:32 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I can't drink milk because of an intolerance but I think I am going to see my doc. What kind of pain?
    Anonymous

• Or I should say what kind of pain would it be like?
    Anonymous

• For me I just had constant belly pain. It ranged from just dull and achy to it felt like a knife stabbing me.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2010