Possibly TMI, just curious.. shaving

should i shave "down there" during my pregnancy? i am going to see my OB next week and ive heard that some doctors dont approve. and also, if i can, how do you do it once your belly is bigger? sorry if TMI, just wondering..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• doctors don't care either way if you do or you don't it's your personal preference basically. i have never had a doctor tell me not to. but if you aren't groomed for them they don't care. you might want to just deal with it once you can not see down there anymore. i know that taking a bath and shaving that way helps some, but i had to throw in the razor towards the end.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:43 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• maybe I'm just more flexible, I never had a prob shaving while I was pregnant even the day of delivery.

doctors do not care whether or not you shave, and if you have one that does you need to find a new one. shaving while pregnant also helps control yeast, it has nothing to grow in. so if you're prone to yeast infections then you might actually benefit from shaving. you could always have SO (or good friend) do it for you if you're afraid. ultimately its your choice. I've shaved since I was 11, and simply hate the way that being furry feels, so naturally I shaved while I was pregnant.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:50 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• When I got too big to see what I was shaving my DH would do it for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I kind of just kept it trimmed down there up untill now that I am almost due I had my hubby shave for me. I just think it will be cleaner for when I go into labor. Think about it... the whole process is pretty disgusting. I don't want any of that getting caught in my hair. And to be honest, its one less think I have to stress about when I do go into labor or after when I'm cleaning up.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Haha, I used a mirror when I was that big. Also, I used rash-free shaving cream called "Coochy" that I buy from Pure Romance. (They have a website if you want to look into it.) It's great! My nurse was actually glad that I did when I went to have the baby bc they were going to have to do it bc of a C-section I had to have. I don't think doctors really care what you do one way or the other. Good luck with your pregnancy! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I personaly do shave i feel better when i do dont know why lol and when my belly gets to big my hubby dose it for me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• you are all so brave...lol i would never trust my hubby to shave me down there, i would be afraid to lose a lip. i don't think he would if i asked either. he would be too nervous as well.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:23 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• my sister is an assistant to an OBGYN... she has told me some horror stories about patients(although,technically she's not supposed to -she never mentions names) there would be ladies who come in for their yearly exam who haven't SHOWERED in what would appear to be DAYS, let alone shave... So the way i see it is... no matter what, the doc has seen WAY worse than me not being completely landscaped perfectly... especially as pregnancy progresses, and you get bigger, the ease and convenience of shaving, in my opinion, are thrown out the window. I think as long as you are clean, and by clean i mean.. you washed your body with soap and water before your appointment, your doctor will be okay with whatever you have going on down there.
    Anonymous