does anyone know what the average life span of a 2001 saturn sl1 is?

we have a 2001 saturn sl1 with 178,000 miles on it. I am trying to figure out roughly how much time we will have left before we have to replace it. Right now we put on 500 miles a month or less. Anyone have any general idea?

katiekruschke

Asked by katiekruschke at 11:06 AM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Shopping

• There were 3 recalls issued
    http://www.cars.com/go/recalls/rclMain.jsp?year=2001&mkid=43&mdid=397&mdname=SL&mkname=Saturn&pt=pop&fill=results&aff=national
    Just making sure you knew about these... If you haven't had them taken care of a dealer will do it free of charge.
    In all honesty my Hubby is really good with cars, and he said as long as you take care of the engine, change oil/3000miles, fluids, take care of the reg maintenance it should give you at least another few years.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:18 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• That question is hard to answer, it depends on if the vehicle is very well taken care of, moderately taken care of, or rode hard and put up wet. My Husband has a Toyota with 400,000 miles on it and a Chevy with 251,000 miles on it, we takes very good care of our vehicles so they last.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• We've got two Saturns: 1999 SL1 and 2000 SC. My hubby drives the 1999 to work and back, 60 miles every day. We've had that car for seven years and have had no major repairs. It's got 189,000 miles and is still going strong. The 2000 had to have transmission work done this past summer, otherwise no major repairs. It's got over 135,000 miles on it and runs very reliably. If you take care of the vehicle it will last for many more years. Keep up on the maintenance, fix minor repairs before they turn into major jobs.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I don't know, but I know that my brother is still driving his Saturn SL1 that he bought new in Dec 1998 when he graduated from college!

Answer by missanc at 10:02 AM on Jan. 18, 2010