Have you ever grieved for someone that wasn't Dead?

When my DD was in her last year of high school. A guy from another state took my DD & her friend to prom. We liked him immediately! It doesn't take much for me to like someone! He was here for like one week on and off. Just hanging out! We liked him! When he went back to Iowa. That was Fine. Later on my DD & her friend got an email from his Friend. A female! She explained he Died in a Car acccident! We were so sad, Unhappy, teary eyed and felt such a loss. We were heart broken!! Later on like a year or more we found out this female that emailed us this info. did it for a joke!! So we had broken sad hearts for some time grieiving. Thankfully he's not dead. But that wasn't very kind of this girl! So have you ever grieved for someone you found out isn't dead?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 11:12 AM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• OMG that is so far beyond cruel I can't even comprehend it~! (((HUGS)))
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 11:40 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• That's about the cruelest thing I have ever heard of!!!!! How can someone do something so mean and horrible???
    morningglory1

Answer by morningglory1 at 12:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Yes. Someone told me a friend from high school died just after graduation. I grieved like crazy until I found out it wasn't true. We laugh at that at the reunions now but it wasn't funny back then. Now I check for obituaries when someone tells me that someone died. That was a cruel joke and certainly not funny.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2010