Grey

How many of you color your hair due to it going grey? How old are you and what % would you say your hair is grey? I'm 37 and if I didn't color I'd be between 40-50%grey,yikes! I'm not ready for this!

TMJ121099

Asked by TMJ121099 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• According to what I can see of my roots it's almost all grey which is why I stock pile bottles of hair color! I just change up the color with what's on sale. I like changing my look. I keep changing it up for SO too but some how he always knows it is me! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 1:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I'm about 10% gray at 28. but I color my hair because I get bored with the color LOL not to hide the gray, that's just a bonus ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I'm 37 also but thankfully no gray yet! Now I will go in the bathroom and look in the mirror and find some!lol I think it's mostly because I have blond hair, and no I don't color it...My Dad didn't get any gray hair until he was in his 60's, so I'm hoping it's that way for me!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:46 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

• 52 here and about 40 to 50% grey.I am a honey blond so I have hi-lites and low -lites foiled in my hair.Trying to hold off on needing to color all my hair,LOL Makes me feel younger to only 'need' lites to cover the grey.Pathetic I know.I first saw a tiny bit of grey after my youngest was born when I was 40.He couldn't have a grey mom when he was so young -the horror of it all-so I started getting hi -lites then.Only prof. do my hair.When I was 30 I decided to be a platinum blond huh the interesting weird orangeish-pinkish-purplish color that resulted took a full day and a fortune to correct.My grandmother had stopped by and she offered to babysit for as long as it took and to pay whatever it took to get back to a color found in real life,It was that bad so only prof. colorists for me.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 1:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I am 68 and I am coloring my hair because it helps me look a whole lot younger. :-) But it is so expensive I am thinking about letting my hair go gray. I just love it when people think I am about 50 - 55 years old though.....so it will be hard to go gray. :-(
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I'm 32 and just starting to notice hairs that may be gray. They still blend really well with my hair though, so I can't really tell. I will embrace them when they come full force!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I'm 46 and don't yet colour.  My grey percentage is less than 1%.  I will colour once the grey starts to become noticeable but if I'm anything like my mother that won't be until I'm in my 60's.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• When I was 21 I sat and counted 50 grey hairs in one spot on the top of my head.I freaked and stopped counting! Swore I would never have my natural color again!
    when I have roots -it looks to me like if I let it grow out it would be 80% or more grey and I am 41.
    My mother had very little grey at my age but I have been told my uncle(her brother) was pretty grey at 18...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I'm 31 and don't have any grays yet, thank God. My Dad has white hair so my future is scary! lol My sister is 36 and only has a couple grays...............so hopefully they hold off for a while.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I am about 70% grey at 45
    Anonymous