What is a personal attendant in a wedding?

I close friend of mine asked me to be her personal attendant for her wedding and I have no idea what that is or what one does...HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You help the bride out with what ever she may need.
    To get you started, some typical "duties" you might ask her to be responsible for:

~helping you transport your gown and attire
    ~helping you dress
    ~holding a touch-up/emergency bag for you (lipstick, breath mints, aspirin, safety pins, deodorant/perfume, etc.)
    ~fielding messages for you at home/ceremony site so your aren't interrupted for every little thing ~protecting your privacy/quiet time pre-ceremony, if you values it ~taking messages/gifts to the groom, if you will not see one another ~various "go-fer" duties-- keep her eyes open on wedding day to see what
    needs to be done, checked, handled, smoothed over. If she (and the bridesmaids as a group) can do a good job of this, being
    Johnny-on-the-spot so you doesn't even hear about some of the little glitches, they can make your day *much* more relaxed.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 17, 2010