Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Severe pain on right side of abdomen ever since c-section 3 months ago!?

I had my second csection on 10-10-09. I had very severe pain starting in the hospital. Everyone said I was just fine. I had oozing green coming out of my incision and they told me it was no big deal and no matter how many time I talked to them they didn't want to see me. So when I saw my family doctor, my incision actually came back open due to it being so infected. He cultured it and came back that I had recieved staph infection from the hospital. It took almost 4 rounds of anti biotics to get rid of it but the pain still persisted. On christmas eve I was soaking in the tub and I passed something grose but I knew it had to be placenta, my doc sent it off to pathology and sure enough it was indeed placenta. So he sent me to a surgeon who did an exploritory surgery and she found endometrial cells, she burned those off but she never looked in my uterous. Im still in pain, I think theres still placenta in there. Any advice?

Answer Question

Asked by blondisfun at 11:53 AM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • I would go see another Dr ASAP and sue that Dr.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jan. 17, 2010

  • Keep going to doctors until someone listens to you and looks in your uterus.

    Answer by Danyellimom at 12:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

  • new Dr.!

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

  • Yes, please find a new doctor. It could be anything--cysts, adhesions,endometriosis... I pray that you find someone interested in helping you heal.

    Answer by Lexylex at 1:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

  • Go to another doctor and get an attorney and sue the hospital. They should have treated the infection when you first brought it up. I may not be a doctor or nurse but even I know that green ooze is a sign of an infection. You could have some many things wrong and you won't know until someone actually checks it out.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

  • YES see another Dr. and have maybe an ultrasound done to look for any remaining placenta. That can cause infection that can be very serious. Also, don't forget your appendix is on that side- I ended up with a burst appendix 8 months after my csection. (Not saying they are related, just FYI) If you have insurance and the pain is bad enough, go to the ER and demand to have some tests done!

    Answer by musichollie at 3:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

  • Get a different doctor in a different hospital system, and DEMAND to have tests done. Don't let them push you around. You live in your body 24/7, & you know it better than anyone else.
    And get a lawyer. From what you've said here, you definately have grounds to sue for neglect & malpractice.
    Good luck :)

    Answer by emslala at 7:48 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.