How do I calm a fussy baby?

My daughter will not stop crying. Any tried and true methods for calming her down besides holding her which is what she seems to want. I can't get anything done because she is constantly in my arms.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A baby swing, my daughter loves hers and I keep it in the kitchen so I can clean up and eat. Since buying it my husband and I have been able to have dinner together almost every night :)
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 12:04 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Get a wrap or sling so she can be held and you can go aboutyour business
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Wrap her in a warm blanket and put her in her swing.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the sling or swaddle. The book and video Happiest Baby on the Block has good info. If you are breastfeeding it is recommended that you don't use the pacifier as shown.

Some babies cry no matter what you do.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:18 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Sling her, mama. She needs to be held, you need to get things done - the sling is really the winner here. It saved my life for the first four months of my youngest daughter's life.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 12:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Do you have a sling or other carrier?

Answer by rkoloms at 3:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My son was like that & didn't like things like bouncers, swings, etc .. - I had to use a sling/carrier. Good luck!
    Anonymous