MY SON IS 7 WITH AUTISM AND NOW POSSIBLE EMOTINAL DISTURBENCE

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF GIVING THAT LABEL EMOTINAL DISTURBANCE HELP OR HINDER YOU IN GETTING THERE NEEDS MET. MY SON IS IN A LH CLASS WITH 1:1 AID ... AND JUST OUT OF CONTROL BITING AND HITTING TEACHER ANDI GET A LONG NOTE HOME DAILY ON HIS BEHAVIOR.... THERE WANTED TO ADD THIS NEW ED DIAGNOSIS IS THAT A GOOD THING??? OR NOT IN REGARDS TO PLACEMENT.

THERE IS NO WAY OF MAINSTREAMING AND I FEEL HE NEEDS TO BE PRIAVATE PUBLIC PLACEMENT BUT GETTING IT IS LIKE PULLING TEETH... HE HAS BEEN IN SH SINCE PRE SCHOOL... AND I FIGURED SINCE HE COULD TALK NOW WE WOULD TRY LH WITH 1:1 AID BUT HE'S JUSY OUT OF CONTROL.... DOES ANYONE NOW OF PRIVATE AUTISM SCHOOLS IN SAN DIEGO OR ORANGE COUNTY? THANKS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have an Autistic child as well, and from you're saying, it sounds like your child can not be mainstreamed. I don't know where you live, but in Texas, where I am, we have ABA, which I'm sure you know about. Has he had it? Did it help? Also, his developmental pediatrician should be able to give a recommendation for the private schooling. I home school my kids, so I don't have the issues you have, and one of the reasons I do so is because of the things you just brought up. It's just much easier to teach them myself, and avoid the drama. But where I live, it's also easy for me to get services I need.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• YES HE HAS HAD ABA FOR 2.5 YEARS ALSO... IN FACT HE'S HAD SO MANY THERP.. THE ONLY ONE LEFT IS OXYGEN..
    ITALIANSWEETY33

Answer by ITALIANSWEETY33 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2010