yeast infections and being pregnant???

I got my first yeast infection ever with my first child and then I had two with his pregnancy and now I'm pregnant again and have gotten another one. Is it a fluke or just me being pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it's the hormones,
    Anonymous

• You being prego. I got like 3 or 4 UTI's while I was prego. Thats the only times I ever gotten them.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• yeah, i had an infection and never had one before being pregnant, so it is just your body changes.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 12:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• same here.. i never had one before i got pregnant..and i got both uti and yeast...and the yeast caused me to go into preterm labor....ugh.. and now after my son i still get uti occasionally
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Yeast infections are common with pregnancy, as are UTIs. Neither a yeast infection nor a UTI is a sign of pregnancy, but pregnancy can cause them to occur more often.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Waaaay TMI but at my last appointment, the midwife was going to do a culture because I had been having a ton of discharge. When she looked, there was so much yeast that she didn't need to do a culture. She told me that there is normally bacteria in the vagina and when you are pregnant, your body is less able to fight it off. She gave me a pill and it worked instantly.
    Anonymous