I think I could be having contractions..

So My belly is getting really tense and then I get like this feeling that my belly is pushing down and then I get pressure in my you know what.. lol... Could it be?

When I had my first, my water broke first and I never really had contractions... they had to induce me.. I don't really remember much...

Anybody thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• could be braxton hicks.

to figure it out, call your doctor. the internet lacks the medical technology to monitor your contractions.
    Anonymous

• thanks.. lol
    Anonymous

• I'd put money that it is braxton hicks. It will help open you up, but you could be dilated to 2 - 4 cm for WEEKS.. I was 3 cm for 3 weeks and had a lot of BH contractions. I prefer it that way, since my painful labor was only 4 hours long for my first baby and I've known people who have been in pain for days.. so you're lucky if you get dilated a bit before you go into painful labor.. I wouldn't let them induce you just because you have a lot BH or because you're dilating a little.. like I said I was 3 cm for 3 weeks.
    Anonymous

• if the sensation is regular, it is not bh. how far along are you?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2010