Almost 10 weeks pregnant and just got a new job/promotion. When do I have to tell my new boss?

I really wanted this job and was afraid to tell them I was pregnant since they may not have hired me. This is my second pregnancy. How long do I legally have before I have to come clean? How long will it be before I show enough so I can't hide it anymore? I would love to be there about a month so they can see I can do a good job pregnant (which would be around week 16). Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If there is nothing dangerous about your job I don't think you have to tell them at all. You would need to tell them if you needed anything special.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I would tell him as soon as possible just from experiance cause I had a job with my first I was waiting to tell him that I was pregnant until after my first trimester, but someone else told him I was pregnant. I don't know if they can illegally do it, but he fired me. I probably had a lawsuit, but I would tell him before someone else does.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Congratulations on your new family member and your promotion!
    Wait to tell your manager and HR until you can no longer hide your pregnancy. Be sure to have a written transition plan for all projects and day-to-day responsibilities; include the length of your maternity leave, and your availability to answer questions during your leave. Be positive: “I have the most exciying news!!!”

Answer by rkoloms at 3:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2010