What are some ways I could speak to my kids about my oldest child who was adopted 10 years ago?

I still have contact with him, and he has actually come to see me and stay with me several times. I had him at 16 and he was adopted by a family member. My kids are getting older and asking why big brother doesn't live with us. I want to be honest, but only tell them a little at a time, so they can process it. Will they hate me? I have a lot of feelings of guilt and failure that I don't want to project onto my kids. I am just as bonded with him as the other kids and want them to know that. Any ideas on how to do this would be wonderful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Adoption

• be honest. you were too young when you had him you couldnot take care of him the way you wanted to so you let ----------- raise him. you love him very much but ciuldn't take care of him as well as ---------- so she is his mother also. this is a good way to express how premarital sex can affect you life for ever.
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 1:32 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Thank you so much for your reply! It was the only one, but the best one!
    Anonymous