Fetal Movement..How much does your baby move?

This is my first pregnancy and I'm a bit worried about how much I should feel my daughter move..she developed a pattern about a week ago but now it seems to be changing..I'm not too sure if she's just sleeping more because things are becoming more cramped or if something is wrong..when I drink something sugary (like the doctors suggested) I feel her within 30 mins and she moves for about an hour or more..I'll be 32 weeks on Wednesday..please respond with if I'm being paranoid or if this was a normal reaction when you were or are pregnant now..thanks for your help!

magicbarr

Asked by magicbarr at 1:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was always worried about movements. I remember him not moving too much so I just drank a Pepsi or ate some chochoate and that would kick him into high gear, and then he wouldn't stop kicking me! =) If you're really worried, call the doctor. They'll have you come in and check things out! I did that at 35 weeks when I couldn't feel him moving after an hour. As soon as I got there, he started kicking like crazy. Now is the time you need to not be stressed, as hard as it is, so when you are worried, just give your doctor a call. It'll help ease your mind!

Good luck to you! You'll meet your little one soon!!
    Anonymous

• lol i was just the same way. It's okay to be paranoid. But at this point your seeing your doctor regularly, you woul dknow if something was wrong. everything is fine, if she wasnt moving at all, then you could be worried,
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• this is my 5th child, i am 20 weeks and never recall feeling movement like i am now. i remember w/ my 1st son i tried to keep a kick chart! the thing is, if you are busy living your life, like most people, you are likely to miss the movements! also, as your baby gets bigger, there is less room for movement too. Don't worry! i am sure everything is fine!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I am 31 weeks right now with my first baby and still havn't been able to figure out if he has a routine yet or not. Just seems he moves on and off throughout the day. I also am a little paranoid and hate when he doesn't move. I think being paranoid during pregnancy is normal.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 10:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Thank you for your responses..it puts me at great ease to know I'm not the only one who feels this way..pregnancy is such a wonderful part of life but yet can be so stressful..I'll be very relieved when she gets here..for the most part that is..then the worrying starts all over again even until adulthood!
    magicbarr

Answer by magicbarr at 12:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I'm 38 weeks and my son has a pattern that has changed recently too... but they told me it's just because he's a lot bigger and there is pretty much no room left in there. He's sometimes inactive for 4 hours at a time then it's like he wakes up and is doing flips in there for over an hour. Earlier in my pregnancy he would move a alot every 2 hours or so... Every women and baby are different. If you're really concerned talk to your OB.
    Beanzy22

Answer by Beanzy22 at 12:48 AM on Jan. 19, 2010