do any of you have a really good friend who is always living beyond their means....

then constantly bitching about their financial situation, their lack of credit and how they really want their own home instead of renting? They tell you about all their problems and you try to offer advice and they shoot you down and continue to do the crap that keeps them from achieving stability and the things that they desire to have? Just curious. Cause it gets on my nerves.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Don't worry about the stupid anon, OP. I know what you mean! I have a friend who always has to have an expensive car with a huge car pmt/ins. and then lives on like $20 for 2 weeks. It's ridiculous. And you're wrong anon, it is our business! When they call you daily bitching about how broke they are and then ask to borrow money..........................it becomes our business. And who cares if she wanted to bitch about her friend? Isn't that something we should be able to do here on cafemom . . vent? It's not like she said the person's name and she even posted anonymously. Get over yourself............the world doesn't revolve around you.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• drinkingyup. They know what they need to do so I quit advising. I just pour more tea and smile.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Yes. I had a friend who lived in a mini-mansion, wore beautiful clothes, didn't work outside the home, had a cleaning service come to her home once a week. I live in a tiny 2 bedroom house, shop at goodwill, and rarely go out always telling me how hard her life is and how I have it so much better because she had 4 children and I only had 3! Her life was always sooooo hard. But she never did anything to change her spending habits, etc. to improve her life. I think she just enjoyed being a martyr.
    Anonymous

• No I don't but I have friends who basically do the same thing with other areas of their life. I think it's the idea that they're getting things they want, but they still have something to whine about to make people feel sorry for them and to get them attention. I'd just stop offering advice and let her know that if she's going to continue to complain when you have already offered your best advice, that you will stop hanging out because you don't want to be around that negative environment.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Mind your own business. It's not yours to deal with. What's with all the posting about other people's lives today. It's sad that we can't be a friend with out getting involved in everything WE don't agree with.
    Anonymous

• to anon 1;24 i would mind my own business if it wasn't thrown in my face. it becomes my business when the information is relayed to me and when i am involved. you know, that just makes sense. so why can't i ask about advice and opinions about a relationship with me and my friend. you obviously can't mind your own business.
    Anonymous

• No, just because someone tells you their business, doesn't make it your business. If you are really her friend you would allow her to make her own mistakes and learn from them and stand by her when she did. You just wanted to bash her on here, you didn't want advice on what to do or say. You just got the advice you didn't want to hear, ha ha! You just posted your business on the internet, so anyone can post, get over it.
    Anonymous

• Yes, but shes my sisiter.
    Anonymous

• So then why didn't you say it was your sister to begin with. Even then people need t make their own mistakes and learn from them.
    Anonymous

• original poster here: i am not the one who said it was my sister...i don't have a sister...and thanks for your reply you can go be a bitch on someone elses question now.
    Anonymous