When should I convert my daughters crib into a day bed?

I have 15 month old daughter, and I was wondering if it was to early for her to use a day bed that was close to the ground. It's made for toddlers, but I wasn't sure if it was okay or if it was was going to be rough on her since a sense of security comes with being inclosed into her bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can do it now if you want. Or not. Before the invention of toddler beds, most kids stayed in a crib until they were almost 4. I did the same with my kids because I didn't want to buy a toddler bed. They are normal kids. My grandson has been in a toddler bed since he was a year old. He seems pretty normal too. :)
    Anonymous

• I recieved a toddler bed for free from a neighbor so I just used a toddler bed at 14 mos... She loved it! Also, she was getting tangled in the bars of her crib so it was much safer to just convert it! I don't think it's too young... my dd handles the bed better than she ever did her crib.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2010