found a lump or cyst under arm pit

While I was shaving my left arm pit I notice something small like a cyst or a lump but it doesn't hurt unless I push it or roll my deodorant over it. I don't know if I should just keep a eye on for a couple of days to see if changes in size and then call the dr or just call the dr now and have to check it out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Health

• Mine was an ingrown hair but it hurt. I'd call the dr asap if it doesn't hurt. It may be nothing but it's best to check.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:30 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• It could be a swollen lymph node. I've had those for no reason before, and they went away on their own. Personally, if it didn't go away in a week or so, I'd go to the doctor. However, I don't want to give that advice and tell you to wait if it could be something more serious. Do what feels right to you.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• See your doctor ASAP. Better safe than sorry.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 1:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Relax, it sounds like an irritated hair follicle. They can get really big and only hurt when you push on them. If they don't go away, your doctor can lance it open and remove it.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2010