about ssdi

my girls father gets ssdi and were not together if i go for childsupport i only get like 150 or less a month do u think i will get anything from ssi cause there father gets ssdi well someone please let me kno

thankx

lauranorth03

Asked by lauranorth03 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• You already asked this. Call SS and find out.
    Anonymous

• You will not get money in addition to what you already get. You'd have to choose which cs income you want, what you receive now or from SSDI.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon 56. my moms friend was going through this with her ex... he was in an accident and now disabled.. before she was getting 500 in child support then down to $50 after accident. She went into the SS office and was able to get her son and her ex's case and she now gets a couple hundred i think.

Go into the office and talk to them...
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Go to the Social Security office and ask them. The laws and criteria for SSDI or SSI are extremely confusing and specific. There is a formula to determine what you can make and still qualify for SSDI or other SS benefits. The only way for you to know for sure is to go in and talk to someone. Also, you can get SSDI and child support for your kids. My friend gets both for her kids. But, every case is different.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2010