Breast Lump

About two weeks ago, I found a little lump on my left breast. It's about an inch and a half above my nipple. I'm no hypochondriac, but I did look up "lumps" to see what it could be and of course breast cancer showed up. I don't have any of the other symptoms that these websites explained, so could it possibly be an ingrown hair or pimple, and if so, how can I tell? I know I should go to the doctor, but honestly, I hate going to the doctor. I mean, If I have to, I'll go- but I just want to make sure I'm not being too careless about it.

Thanks everyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Health

• I've had a lump in my breast for years. It can be just a clogged duct and nothing major. It can be a fibroid, again not a medical threat. I get my mammograms and they just watch it. If it doesn't grow or move they are ok with it. Just have someone look at it and see what's up but there is no need to panic.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• It could be built up estrogen.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2010