Dealing with my difficult older sister.

So i live with my sister at the moment, and she works full time while i watc her son full time. She is always spending the night at her SO's house, always goes out to eat, and hasnt bought groceries in a month!

I am buying a new car with my savings tomorrow, and i almost dont have enough to pay for the car because im going out every week spending my money on groceries for her kid. I also clean the entire house, do all the laundry, and bathe and feed her child. She hasnt bathed him since i moved him,.
Shes bossy and rude to me all the time, If things arnt done the way she wants, she yells at me.
A week ago she came home early from work, i was cleaning the house. she said that she would do the dishes since i was doing everything else.
Well its sunday, and there the dishes sit, UNTOUCHED!
they smell and are getting moldy. Im going to have to do them. Did i mention im not getting paid to do anything around here. HELP!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• move.. its you best option.. or try talking to her...but chances are she isn't going to change..your best bet is to take the money you've saved and move...
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Wow, it sounds you are being taken advantage of big time. You are letting her do it, get out and make your own life.

Answer by older at 2:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• she's probably treating you this way because your not paying rent, enen though you should not have to because you take care of her child. If you want to save your relationship with your sister, your best bet is to move.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 2:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Oh and also it does sound like she is using you
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 2:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• If you are going to remain there, set boundaries. Determine who will do what and who will pay for what so there is no confusion.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:18 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• If you are living there rent-free, she figures that is how she is paying you. At this point it is probably too late to set boundaries with her, and her with you. My advice is to move out as soon as you can. I would talk to her about the grocery issue though.
    Anonymous

• You have two options. Talk to her, and work out a roommate chart; or move.

And if you can't comfortably afford the car (with cash), buy something else.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:04 PM on Jan. 17, 2010