I would like chicken pot pie.. hold the chicken please!

Ok when I was having morning sickness, I had a hard time with yogurt and plants (fruits and veggies.) Now that the morning sickness is gone, I can eat my fruits and veggies just fine. I'm having a very hard time with meat. It doesn't necessarily make me sick, but I can't stand the taste of it. At first I thought that maybe it was a bad cut of meat or cooked wrong but it's everything! Burgers taste bad, the chicken in pot pies taste bad, etc. The only "meat" I Can stand eating and actually enjoy very much is salmon. This happen to anyone else?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 2:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had that too.All I could think about was where it came from,a dead animal and it messed me up when i tried to eat it.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Ever since I was pregnant, I have been turned off by pork in all forms. My daughter is now 18 months and I still rarely eat pork and have written off beef altogether. It's weird what pregnancy can do to a woman.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Yup! I'm 33 weeks now and cant really stand chicken. In the begining it was any kind of pork. Fruits and veggies have always been a favorite in both of my pregnancies.......as long as your getting the goods from somewhere it doesnt matter :) happy preggers :)
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• When I'm not prego chicken is my favorite meat when I prego I can't stand chicken
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I noticed that food tasted different when I was pregnant. Even my own saliva tasted different. I could only eat brussell sprouts for 3 months.
    Anonymous

• Pot Pie

Crust (double this if you also want crust on the bottom, I like it better that way):
    1 c. flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour)
    1 tsp. salt
    4 tbsp. butter
    1/4 c. shortening (I use earth balance sticks)
    3 tbsp. ice water
    Mix all but the water with a fork until shortening is the size of small peas. Add ice water and mix to pastry consistency. Refrigerate while you mix the filling.
    Filling:
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    1 can vegetable broth
    1 small potato, cut into 1/2" cubes
    1 carrot, sliced
    1 large mushroom, sliced
    1 small can corn (I use frozen)
    1 small can peas (I use frozen)
    about 1/4 tsp. each: sage, thyme, & oregano
    Mix all these things together (you can use more or less broth to make the sauce the consistency you want). Cover the bottom of two loaf pans with crust (if you doubled the crust). Pour in the filling, and top with the rest of the crust. Bake at 400 degr

Answer by rkoloms at 3:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2010