Anybody have a child that is over the age of 3 still in diapers?

I have 2 boys and they are 3 and 4 yo. and they are still in diapers. I was wondering if there were any other mothers who had a child over the age of 3 yo. still in diapers.

luvkids685

Asked by luvkids685 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• no. its time for the diapers to go
    cakright

Answer by cakright at 2:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• No, I hate diapers so I made it a priority to have them out around 2. Good luck though!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:49 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My older boys were both completely trained around 3 years old. Before that they wanted nothing to do with the toilet. At 3 and up kids should be out of diapers unless there is a medical issue that warrants them. I have a 4 year old now and I would be embarrassed to take him into a changing room. If you haven't started the process yet, you really should. That's not good for anyone.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My son will be 3 in April and I suspect will not be fully potty trained. However, we have started the process. 4 yrs old strikes me as late to still be in diapers. (Some doctors suggest holding off potty training boys until 3 but they'd be otu of diapers long before 4.) Unless you have unusual circumstances (i.e. learning/developmental delays), it's time to get moving on potty training.
    Anonymous

• My daughter was in diapers past her fourth birthday. She was tying her shoes and reading long before then.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Unless there are medical issues they should definitely be out of diapers by now. Four year olds occasionally still need a diaper in the night but they should be using the toilet through the day at least. Have you tried to get them out of diapers? If they really can't do it (particularly the older child) I'd see the dr to rule out physical causes.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 3:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• kids are not pees in pods. and each child is different on thier timing for potty training. there is no carved in stone time for this. my son was not potty trained till he was 6. though he is delayed. at 6 he was developmentally more like 3. are your children showing potty rediness signs?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• After 3, i think it's just the parents being too lazy to invest time in potty training.
    Anonymous

• My son is 3 and a half and still in diapers. We've been trying to potty train him since he was around 18 months. We've tried EVERYTHING and literally nothing works. Don't worry about what others have to say. They are your kids, you know whether they are ready better than any of these other moms.
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 5:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My older 2 girls here. My oldest was stubborn as hell. She was finally out of diapers at 3 years, 2 months but my middle daughter was still in them until 3 years, 8 months. It wasn't until she was 3 1/2 that I started getting irritated because I know she understood how to use the potty. She just wouldn't do it. She would sit there for many minutes and insist she didn't have to go and then 5 minutes later she would hide in her closet and go in her pants. It was very annoying. She's 7 now and still wears pull-ups at night because she wets the bed. My son wet the bed until he was 7 and still has occasional accidents at 8, he was day trained at 2 1/2, though.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:30 PM on Jan. 17, 2010