Did any of you get married while you or your DH was in college? OR did you live together while you or him were still in college?

I live in VA..My SO of 2 and a half years lives in Tx going to school. I REALLY want to move in with him bc i can not stand being away from him. He feels the same way. I am also going to school (online) so soon I will be getting extra loan money every 2-3 months.
Have you or anyone you know moved in with their SO while still in school? Do you have any suggestions on how we can actually do this? I know it seems like common sense...get a job while in school. But he doesn't want to get a job while in school. Ugh...so it's left up to me basically. He can't do much. Except help me with our 18 month old DD. Idk what to do but I really want to move with him. Right now, I'm living with my parents. Any suggestions? Or how did it work our for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I had financial aid and I worked nights in restaurants while in school, and had 2 children. It can be done.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• some universities have housing for married couples...

Answer by rkoloms at 2:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I actually got married while I was still in my last year of high school, my husband was NOT in school though and was working. Then a year after school I started college online, which I am still in, going for my bacholers now YAY! I work He works, we have a two year old and another on the way. There are times where it is tough but it can be done. You BOTH have to be willing to bring something to the table though.
    Hulkgrrl

Answer by Hulkgrrl at 2:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Yeah..I feel like I try to find ANY way to go live there. I am willing to take care of my child, do school, and work...but he is like ugh a job is the last thing i want right now bc i need to focus on school. I'm like Do you REALLY want me to be there??!! BC thats just about the only way. It's frustrating. He says he feels the same way and he hates being without me...but wth isnt he trying harder like i am? :( :(
    Even my 18 year old friend who is pregnant is gettiing married (her parents want her to) to her almost 18 year old bf...i mean geez! they are able to do it..why cant we :( ya kno?
    I hate living like this
    Anonymous

• We got married while Hubby was still in college, but I was working full time (he didn't have a steady job) and we didn't have any children until after he graduated. If you do get married, you might qualify for more grants which would help pay for school.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 3:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• We got married and lived in married housing which back then was very cheap, I am sure things have changed but where there is a will there is a way.

Answer by older at 3:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• my hubby and I just recently got married. he's a college grad, so he's not in school anymore. but I am. I'm half way into my third year, and I'll be done here in about...a year and 3mos!!!

so my husband works full-time to support us, and I also get financial aid for my schooling. and we also have a 14mo old.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I did! We moved in together in July of '08 and we got married in December of '08, and he will graduate this May. Worked out fine. You get a ton more financial aid when you are married. I went to school the first year so that helped. If you want it to work, it will.
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 3:59 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• He sound very lazy. Im sorry, but when i met my husband he had a full time job, toke 6 classes a semester (maintained a 3.4 GPA) and participated in Track and field. Lots of people go to college and work. I did the same as him except my job was part time. Your boyfriends actions don't seem like its ready for that kind of move. Talk with him, ask him if he is serious about ya'll moving in together. IF he is, he will get a job. You shouldnt have to carry the weight by yourself.
    Anonymous

• We got married while in college. Our college had married housing, but we didn't get a spot. We lived off campus, in an apartment. He graduated right before we got married. I had one more year to go. We both worked, having no kids just yet. College is really not hard, so working was no big deal. I worked 2-10 and took my classes early. I graduated the next year. After our daughter was born a year later, I still worked full time (teacher) and went to school at night for grad studies. He stayed with our girl a lot, but we did use daycare sometimes. When our second was born, he stayed home full time while I continued to work full time. That is also when I decided to go back to school (online) for my Master's, while working. It was fine. I liked knowing he was taking care of our kids and that I was able to provide for our family. Now, he works while I stay home, until our LO is in school all day next year.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2010