Does your child have a certain place where they poop their diapers?

My 3 yo. son always goes behind the couch to poop his diaper. I wondering if your child had a certain place where they poop their diapers. Also, what do you tell them once you see that they are pooping?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son just turned two and when he POOPS he gets very shy if you watch him but never tries to go and hide. He sits on the potty for pp but we cant seem to get the poop part down....
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 2:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My son will be 3 in April and definitely has a favorite spot for pooping (behind a chair in the family room). This is very common. When he does it, we'll ask him what he's doing and when he tells us he's pooping, we'll talk about the need to poop in the potty. (We're just now starting potty training...) As we get further into potty training, I suspect this tendancy to hide will come in handy as a hint we need to get him to the potty!
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Then you should start potty training him.
    Anonymous

• Yeah its called the bathroom... DUH!
    Anonymous

• My son also was a hide behind the couch kid. That was a pretty popular story in my office -- everybody's kid did that at one time or another.
    Ryansmom1964

Answer by Ryansmom1964 at 12:28 AM on Jan. 18, 2010