Can you start to exercise when you get pregnant?

I am 2 mos pregnant and I had a baby a lil over a yr ago. I never lost the weight after my last baby, and I just feel ugly all of the time. I am wondering if anybody knows if it is okay to start exercising lightly like elipticals and stretching very low impact exercise. I just don't want to be as out of shape as I am I'm not really trying to lose weight just be healthier.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well you can exercise pretty much everything except your abs since thats what needs to grow not your arms and legs an such so sure go for it just take it easy dont over do yourself since you really didnt work out before hand from the sounds of it dont wanna pull any muscles or anything
    Anonymous

• it's not recommended to do anything you didnt do before....but you should get off your butt :) go for walks, google "pregnancy exercises" to get an idea of what you CAN do. Mild stretches and walking is your best bet if you didnt do much before.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I did Kathy Smith pregnancy aerobics daily, starting about six weeks after I conceived, until about two weeks before I delivered.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• thanks I'm gonna talk to my Dr. and see what she says. I dunno what to do
    Anonymous