Did your Pastors address the tragedy in Haiti or Pat Robertson's comments at all today?

I was just wondering because my Pastor discussed our plans to help Haiti and he prayed fervently for them and the relief workers.

He also mentioned Pat Robertson's comments from earlier this week. Which we had already talked about here. He did not say anything bad about the man, Pat Robertson, but he disagreed with the point Pastor Robertson made.

He brought up 1 Kings 19 when God told Elijah that He had a remnant of believers even in the nation that as a whole had rejected Him. My Pastor said that even "IF" the leaders of a nation decide to serve evil (he said if). That God will not abandon the people inside th nation who are innocent. He loves all people. And He will not hold the innocent guilty of the sins of others. So I was just wondering if you pastors said anything too?

Anyways, our hearts go out to Haiti. May God the relief effort be effective, well organized, and swift.

Cinnamon-mom

Asked by Cinnamon-mom at 3:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My Pastor is actually on a leadership retreat right now and if he were to address it, He would speak about grace and how important it is to not judge but to have mercy over judgment. He would not speak evil of Pat Robertson but explain that it is a time of grace not judgment and to have mercy and to pray for him.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• not Pat Roberts, but Haiti. Our Bishop was killed and so were most the seminarians. Sister's of Charity have several members in Haiti and they have yet to find out who, if anyone, survived.

We did a 2nd collection for the people of Haiti and he mentioned next the Latin American donations will be used for Haiti as well. The Catholic relief funds has an average of .94 cents on the dollar going directly to reliefs of victims.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 3:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• "Our Bishop was killed and so were most the seminarians. Sister's of Charity have several members in Haiti and they have yet to find out who, if anyone, survived."

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry to hear that. I will keep them in my prayers.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• oh Wow Katty so sorry to hear of this!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Our second collection next week is going to Haiti (via CRS) and the people of Haiti were in our Prayers of the Faithful this week. I'm sure the people of Haiti will be in the Prayers of the Faithful for the next several weeks.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 4:42 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• We prayed for them and did a special collection for the relief effort as well. He did not mention Pat Robertson's comments.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 5:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• No to Roberts, yes to prayers and a collection for Haiti.
    Anonymous

• it really is nice to see how many people are helping haiti and praying for them. My husbands family lives in haiti and only one uncle has been found safe. kattykitten, so sorry to hear of your loss. I will pray for them as well. Our speaker today did discuss and pray for Haiti.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• So sorry kattykitten - will be praying.

We did pray for haiti and the people there and our pastor has contacts that are in haiti and on the ground and working to aide... and so we are sending money to help.
    Anonymous

• Our Pastor mentioned Haiti - and he eluded to Pat Robertson's comments discreetly - he pointed us to an article written by Al Mohler entitled, "Does God Hate Haiti?" You can view this article in the journal section of my profile if you are interested. It essentially says that God does not hate Haiti, but loves them and here's why ....
    Eilish

Answer by Eilish at 6:54 PM on Jan. 17, 2010