Does he tell me these things just because he's lonely?

I have this one friend I used to go to school with that I think is so awesome and sweet. When we talk, he compliments me, talks about cuddling and always tells me he wants me to move so I can be closer to him. Our conversations last forever and afterwards I feel so special then I don't here from him for a couple days to a week or so. The next time we talk, he is sweet to me again... not every single time we have these long, sweet conversations because sometimes we just text for a few minutes then the conversations dies off but more than less we do. He randomly sends me pics of his daughter or him and his daughter. I just wonder what's up with him and why it's days before I talk to him and if he only does it because he's lonely.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Ask him. If you can see yourself with this person or you want to be with this person start talking now before you get caught up in something you dont want to be in. Guys are strange creatures so you have to just be blunt with him. "Hey I was curious why you only message or talk to me every now and then, I would love to talk to you more"....see what he says. Dont be scared of his reply GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• He might be busy or have a life that takes up his time.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:44 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• i've had that with ex bf' but im married now and he still tries that he'll say stuff text me then months go by. i've told him over and over again we are not together and i love my husband and wuit trying to split us up. just be like hey buddy non of this bushly crap!
    Anonymous

• Ask him, but to me it sounds like he likes the idea of not being lonely. You reciprocate. If it isn't you it's going to be some other girl(s), if it isn't already.

If your super hungry you aren't going to be too picky about where you get a hamburger with all the different choices around are you? Just sayin'.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 4:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2010