Am I doing the wrong thing?

I am a live in nanny and my 21 month old lives with me. The dad got mad today bc I was going to Target and would not leave my son with him. He is so mean to his own kids. Tells the 2 year old he's not allowed to cry. So why would I leave my kid with him? My son was crying bc he thought I was gonna leave and he was pissed bc I was still taking him. He said I'm rewarding bad behavior. I said I already told him he could go. He said you can change your mind. Right, bc my son understands changing your mind. He knew he was going bc he had his shoes on. I do leave my son but only with his dad and grandparents. He doesn't cry with my mom but he does cry with his dad. But I think it's bc he knows he stays with him over night.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OP- and he said I was hindering his development.
    Anonymous

• He is your child, you have a right to do what you feel is best.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 3:59 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I would discuss it with his wife and tell her that you prefer to take your LO with you and it is not up to her husband to question your parenting choices. I would also tell her that it is creating a hostile work environment and you won't out up with it. I would have said discuss it with him, but he sounds like a controlling jerk and often times with a jerk you can not have a discussion with them because they have to win!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• It's not up to that guy what you do with YOUR child. Obviously you must be doing something right, otherwise they wouldn't have employed you.
    Awakened1

Answer by Awakened1 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• You were in the right for sure! I do the same thing, if I tell my son something- I do it. I dont change my mind, I don't "forget", bc they will remember. Its a major trust issue.I would get a new job, there is no reason why your son- or you should be in that situation. Good luck!
    Londyns07mommy

Answer by Londyns07mommy at 6:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2010