What are you donating to Haiti?

You can donate your breastmilk! Contact a human milk bank.

Gailll

Asked by Gailll at 3:59 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Food, clothing and money...Breast milk??
    TRUNINA

Answer by TRUNINA at 4:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Clothing, food, and hygiene and baby products.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• That is cool! But I am no longer lactating D:
    I am donating money from my tax return. I am sure they will still need aid in a couple of weeks when we get our return.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:03 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Not a freaking thing. What happened over there is a tragedy yes, but our AMERICANS need the help here and they need to learn to fend for themselves.
    Anonymous

• I was getting together some medical supplies to take to my local Walgreens collection drop site. I looked to see what all they were taking and found they listed infant formula. That can't be right! After Katrina the major health organizations made sure all disaster organizations knew the hazards of giving out formula during disasters.

Infant formula will not be distributed my any major organization. Breastfeeding is the norm in Haiti. Of course some infants have lost their mothers. Human milk banks are going to be getting shipments of milk to Haiti. You don't have to live near a milk bank. Call 1-866-998-4550 or visit: http://www.hmbana.org/.

Of course this is way better than giving money! If you can't give your milk consider a donation to a milk bank to help with expenses.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Donating breast milk is a wonderful idea,Gailll

Anon :10......they need all the help they can get. They are human beings, God made them ,just like you, Anon :10.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 4:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Lindalu2 they are human beings yes, but they are not Americans. We need to take care of ourselves FIRST. There are many people here who are hurting also, and that needs to be dealt with first- BEFORE we send millions of dollars in aid over to a country who would very likely NOT come to our aid if a similiar situation were to arise here. Feel sorry for them yes, send aid NO. If we were using THEIR money to teach them to rebuild that would be one thing, but thats not the sitution currently. Part of the reason we are in this current state is because we are so busy trying to take care of everyone else, and we neglected ourselves in the process.
    Anonymous

• Trunina: if they can't (or won't) fend for themselves that is their problem not ours. We need to take care of our own hurting, homeless and healthy here in AMERICA. It is a tragedy yes, but not our problem to deal with.
    Anonymous

• We're obviously a wealthy country compared to theirs. They won't fend for themselves?..Really? Everyone in this world needs help, no matter what it is or where you're from! I will continue to donate as much as I can to HAITI!
    TRUNINA

Answer by TRUNINA at 4:44 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Well Trunina good job for you! What do you want a freaking gold star? Like it or not, this mentailty is part of the reason why we are in the state we are today. We need to learn to take care of our own first. Let me ask you something, when you see a homeless guy on the road, do you stop to offer HIM food, health supplies and other things? Or do you simply just think its another homeless guy who made decisions to get him in that position? Truth of the matter is that the haitians choose to live where they do, its a choice, and quite frankly, you thinking your all special and wonderful because you send a few bucks or bandaids over there is quite pathetic. Go enjoy your gold star!
    Anonymous