can't stop worring!

We had our first visit to the doctors last Wednesday! We got an u/s and everything looked great. we even got to see the baby move around and found out were were 11w5days now I am 12 w1d.. I asked the doctor what were my chances of a misscarrage now and she told me VERY SLIM which sounds great because I had one severl years ago that I still worry about.... Well I am still worring wondering if baby is still doing alright in there, I mean I won't even have sex with my husband because I am affraid that something will go wrong... in 12 weeks we have had sex 2 times! I am constantly feeling to make sure my uterus is still there! I am just going crazy with this.. Why can't I just be happy?!?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I worried like crazy at first, too. Then I realized that the worrying and stress was more harmful to the baby than most of the things that I was worrying about. It's normal to worry some, especially with your hormones. Just realize that you aren't quite as fragile as you feel. Chances are, you and your baby will be totally fine. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• You are just fine! You seen your little love bug in there nice and snug so remember that imagine in your head when you get worried. You can not stress your body or your mind, that will hurt your more then what the past has done to you. If you are worried about having a miscarriage tell your obgyn you would like to discuss options. I had my son at 34 weeks gestational so they put me on progesterone to help keep this baby in longer. I know they give it to women who have had miscarriages so talk to her/him about it okay! Gl mamas and remember to visualize that lil peanut moving when you feel scared
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I too had a miscarriage in Sept. 09 when the fetus stopped growing at 8 and a half weeks, but I didn't even know until my 11 week appt. I just found out I am about 4-5 weeks pregnant. I know how that is to worry all the time about everything. I was too nervous to even get excited about this one. I am actually having some weird things happen that is worrying me alot. I think it is pretty safe if they have a heart beat at 11-12 weeks. If you have pregnancy symptoms and they suddenly dissappear for more than a few days, then you should say something to your doctor. As far as the sex thing goes, my doctor said that it cannot harm the baby unless you have been diagnosed with high risk pregnancy or told not to by your doctor. Good luck to you!
    Clarke_m0608

Answer by Clarke_m0608 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2010