what would you do..

so im 33 weeks and she will be here anytime now they say. we are currently in the middle of a big move from this city to one an hour out. I'm having a schedule c-section. Do i move all my stuff that i possibly can to the new house so its ready when baby comes, do i have it all moved WHILE im in the hospital, or do I wait till after baby, or do I wait till after i heal? i just remember everything being so overwhelming the first time and getting depressed, not having anything where it needed to be. I just want to NEST ALREADY and be COMFY....what do you think i should do?

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would not have a scheduled C-section. If you want to be comfy the last thing you want to do is have major surgery. If you wait until after you heal it could be many weeks or even months. They cut you open through multiple cuts and layers, rip a baby out, take your uterus out of your body and flop it on you, stick everything back in, shove shove shove, stich and staple multiple layers. It is major surgery.

I would move as soon as possible, get at least my room organized, have a home birth or a birth that involves the least medical trauma, and breastfeed my baby.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I've had 3 c-sections (my last one was jut 4 weeks ago). I would advise having it all ready before the delivery. It's so hard and so frustrating to get much of anything done after you have the newborn baby to care for plus you won't be able to lift anything larger than your baby for 6 weeks.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• ah good lord lady! I didnt ask for a visual of what they do. I have to have a c-section thank you it wasnt much of a choice.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Do you mean you're in labor now, with contractions dilating etc? If you mean you're getting closer to birth but its not imminent that's something else. Either way you are having a Little One SOON!!!

Moving is such a pain itself I agree. If you're not in labor now if you can get movers there this week I'd do it now. After having a baby even a second baby (I have three kids and I had two scheduled sections) is so stressful.

Ask hubby or s o to make a closet just only for baby supplies and hospital bag. Put a note on the door something like MOVERS DO NOT ENTER < FOR NEW MOMMY AND NEW BABY!!!!

Doing it now if you can will enable your partner to spend time with you for the birth.

Congratulations momma right now just make a corner of a room to rest up nest up in rest there make a list of what you have what you want, need. Baby'll be here!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I just saw the first answer. I'm very sorry for her response. I'm sure you're c-section is like mine and isn't by choice.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• hah yes her answer...made me cringe. This will be my second c-section, so second baby. I'm no newbie to what happens during and after the surgery....I am just so mixed up with thoughts being prego I wasnt sure what the best thing would be. I can have everything moved to the new house and atleast mine and baby's room ready to go for us when I have her. We arent moving until after I have her.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I respect Gaill's thoughts and concerns of scheduled sections - I had a two and a half week late past due date first baby and after labor from Friday night til Monday past midnight I was sectioned at 1 a.m. and was hospitalized on ivs for 10 day after that, I was drained the entire first year

My next two sections were done to not chance me being so very sick afterwards again.

A repeat section is usually overall less emotionally traumatic for mom and baby than first time section with or without a labor.

The pain immediately following the labor is still very strong and pain meds are needed afterwards and of course some kind of anesthesia is needed for actual sections.

I support doing what you and your doctors feel best. If you were told you must have a scheduled section if u want to ask y?

Role play with your partner how you want you birth to go for partner or doula or best friend, mother, etc. to advocate for you, baby.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:49 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I would have everything of your's and baby's moved and ready to go for when baby arrives. That way you just have to concentrate on healing and taking care of your baby and not worrying about things regarding the move. Good luck and congrats on your new baby!
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2010