Light, dark red bleeding off and on.

I'm 5 weeks and I developed bleeding on and off this afternoon. I called the Dr., she said it could be nothing since it's not accompanied by cramps and it's off and on. I started to experience this after my BM this morning. She said we will do blood work in the AM.

Has anyone experienced this before and had a full term pregnancy?

crazypianochick

Asked by crazypianochick at 4:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had that with my first baby, started out with old brown blood of and on and then bleeding dark and light blood of and on, I had my baby at 20 weeks he didn't survive, BUT the pregnancy was not right from day one, I always felt sick and not like prego sick but like my life is being sucked out of me sick. Sometimes people will bleed and things turn out just fine.

If I was you I would sit down and put your legs up and take it easy till you have to see your OB and don't stress about it cuz all you will do it put stress on the baby, just get some rest momma.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I actually asked this a few days ago and found a lot of women said that they did experience bleeding in the first trimester and everything ended up fine! I asked the question because I was about 5.5 wks. pregnant and started getting some pretty heavy bleeding for a few hours with no cramps. I was convinced I was having a miscarriage since I just had one a few months ago. When I went to the doctor I had an ultrasound and the baby looks fine! I have a subchronic bleed which is a bleeding in the folds of the uterus and clears up on its on in 99 percent of pregnancies. So don't worry (easier said then done) and just wait to see what the doctor says.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 5:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2010