SAHM's....what do your inlaws think?

Supportive or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• My in-laws are more supportive than my actual family at times.
    Anonymous

• right now I work part time, but when I was or em a SAHM they never really get into our business so I really don't know what they think.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My inlaws supported me as a sahm, but my motherinlaw thought I was a lunatic for making my own baby food - in their eyes "just buy jars!!!!!!"

They were supportive of their daughters in law all being caring responsible moms.

I miss them SO MUCh love you mom dad rest easy you're in each other's arms again.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My in-laws are supportive, now. We have had our tiffs, but what family doesn't?
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 4:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Unless someone else pays the bills it is not for others to say if am a stay at home mom, my in-laws don't meddle in our business though.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 4:59 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• very supportive in fact she hatesthe fact am thinking about getting a job and sending the kids to daycare
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• That's great that they are all supportive. :) I have never had any problems with it face to face...but I have heard the..."well if you were both working..." so I was kind of just curious if anyone else had that problem and if it bothered you if you were to hear something like that.

Thanks for the answers! :)
    Anonymous

• On the whole, my MIL is supportive of me staying home with my boys, but anytime we have a tough time financially, it is my fault for not working. Ugh! She is constantly telling me that she is so happy that her son picked such a great mom for her grandkids, and that she loves that I am home and taking care of them. But one whiff of financial strain and I have to go to work. I just try not to worry about it. I take the compliments much more seriously.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Mine are supportive as is my family. They love that I am able to take care of our home and that our son has a stable, loving home and reliable schedule with me. I think my own sisters sometimes get jealous because I get nice things even though Im not working and two of them are single moms. There's some animosity there but not much.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 5:18 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Not much support from her (MIL). She thinks I need to work, as she did.
    DaphneMae

Answer by DaphneMae at 5:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2010