I am 4-5 weeks pregnant and I am nervous about some symptoms I am having? Please help!

I miscarried with my first pregnancy in Sept. 2009. I was 11 weeks, but the fetus stopped growing at 8 and ahalf weeks. Well, I am now 4-5 weeks pregnant and I am haveing weird stuff happen. I took a test on the 12th and two days later, I had a little bright red blood on my toilet paper. I freaked out thinking thw worst. It immediately went away. The very next day, my husband and I had intercourse, not thinking about the bleeding. Afterwards, I went into the bathroom and there it was again only this time a little more. It's not thick and dark, it is just bright red almost pink. It also immediately went away after a few wipes. Then today I am having very little dark gray almost brown discharge every time I wipe. I also have had really painful gas and a pulling sensation under my belly button. Has anyone ever had these same problems?

Clarke_m0608

Asked by Clarke_m0608 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ive never experienced that, but maybe you should go see your ob just to make sure everything is normal. Good luck!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 5:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• it could be normal, but i would get checked out to make sure. if anything, it will make you feel better.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• In my 1st trimester I would shed some of my mucous plug every time I had sex-- always clear to white color. Never pink or red.

Call and talk to your doc/ midwife and let them know. This could be "normal" for you.

The pulling is probably your ligaments stretching. I got ligament pain the worst after sex, like 6-8 hours later.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Well, I think I am in the midst of a miscarriage. I am seeing my doctor tomorrow morning and I am already prepared for what he is going ot tell me. I almost feel like I have had a few days to digest the fact that this is one more unsuccessful pregnancy. The last five days have been aweful. I did not know that a person was capable of feeling this much sadness and emptiness. I woke up this morning with cramps and alot more bleeding than the other day. I knew that this was the beginning of the process. No matter how it happens or when, it is never easy to deal with. But, this time is a little easier only because I didn't even make it to my 8 week mark to see a heartbeat and feel that unforgetable emotion like I did with my first pregnancy that ended at 8 and half weeks. This doesn't make it okay. Now I have to start over again and get back to being at peace with this. Thanks to everyone for your responses.
    Clarke_m0608

Answer by Clarke_m0608 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2010