Why did he ask me if he could text me tomorrow? Was he hoping I would say no?

He always texts me out of the blue. Every single time we talk but now he's asking. I just don't get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe he just wants to make sure you don't mind that he texts, or heck, maybe you even like getting texts from him. Sounds like he's just checking.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I agree with the pp. He probably just wanted to be reassured that he wasn't being a nuisance by texting you.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 6:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My SO is a truck driver and gone a lot. I will ask him if he's going to call me tomorrow when we get off the phone at night. I do it so he can let me know if he will not be able to call me (if he's going to be super busy or like right now, he's looking for another job so he might be making calls for that). Or I'll ask him when he wants me to call him or whatever. It's just kind of a courtesy thing...I'm showing that I respect that he might have other things to take care of, and I don't want to interrupt or interfere. Sounds like that's all this guy is doing.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2010