Vacuum recommendations?

My vacuum is on his last legs and I'm looking at getting a new one. Now, if it were up to me, I'd get a Dyson! LOL But I realize that spending $500+ on a vacuum just doesn't fit our current budget. :)
I've been doing some research on Bissells, mostly b/c that's my current vacuum and he lasted a solid 7years before dying on me. And his death is mostly due to negligence on my part. I think I only cleaned his filters twice in his 7 years.
I'm currently looking at the Bissell 89Q9 Lift-Off Multi-Cyclonic. It's marketed as a "pet hair" vacuum, but that's not a selling point for me since I don't have pets. Although I do shed a lot. :)
Does anyone have this vacuum? Any pros/cons? Or do you have another vacuum you could recommend?
Thanks so much!
-Jeanine

http://www.amazon.com/Bissell-89Q9-Lift-Off-MultiCyclonic-Detachable/dp/B00284BM3U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1263766488&sr=8-1

j9gem

Asked by j9gem at 5:18 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• dyson, get them cheap on craigslist or dc07 refurb on their site for 229
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Yes I have this vaccuumm and I love it. It is the best purchase I have ever made, I caught it on sale at Walmart for $79.00 plus tax, I love it alot.
    got2boys

Answer by got2boys at 7:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2010